Do-it-yourself drinking bowls for rabbits from different materials
Every breeder knows that picking up good drinkers for rabbits is quite difficult. It is important that pets have constant free access to drink, and drinking bowls for rabbits are reliable and comfortable, easily filled with water and not let it get dirty. Pure water is one of the main conditions for growing healthy individuals.
What are the types of drinkers?
To choose the most convenient container for drinking, consider what drinkers most often used by farmers today:
Each type of drinking bowls for rabbits has its pros and cons. By comparing them, you can choose the most suitable option.
Cup capacity for water
The most common way to give pets a drink in the last century is to simply put a cup of water in their cage (a bowl, a can, a mug, and so on). Today, this method is used less and less, since it has more minuses than pluses. How to make do-it-yourself cages for rabbits with a photo.
- finding a suitable cup on the farm is quite easy, so this method is completely inexpensive.
Using nipple drinkers for rabbits is convenient. The principle of their action is based on the fact that touching the tongue to the ball of the nipple, the pet receives water, which enters the tube from the tank.
- in winter, the nipple freezes, and water access becomes impossible;
- buying a fixture will require some cost.
- animals cannot pollute or overfill water; it always remains clean;
- you see the liquid level and, if necessary, you can change it;
- it is convenient to add drugs or soluble vitamins to the container;
- rabbits economically consume water, since it does not splash, but flows directly into their mouth;
- these do-it-yourself drinkers for rabbits can be made from improvised materials.
This type of breeders do on their own. To do this, put the water bottle with its open neck down on the container. At the same time, part of the liquid is poured out, and pets can drink it from the bowl. As you drink, water is poured into the container.
- food or garbage can get into the bowl;
- the bottle may tip over and water will flow out;
- in winter there is a chance of freezing of the vacuum drinking bowl.
- this drinker can be made independently;
- the liquid in the bottle remains clean, easily refills if necessary;
- manufacturing of vacuum equipment does not take much time.
In large farms, drinkers for rabbits are most often used. With their help, dozens of individuals are provided with water around the clock. The principle of operation is based on the fact that from a large central reservoir, the contents are piped to the bowls located in the cells. The system is equipped with a float, which is lowered together and the liquid level in the tank, which allows you to replenish the cells in the cells with fresh water.
- Making a drinker for rabbits requires some skills and financial costs.
- By setting up an automatic water supply system, you can drink a whole herd at the same time, and this significantly saves time on caring for animals;
- fresh and clean water enters the cells.
Out of the bottle
This option is proposed to be used by craftsmen who keep decorative rabbits at home. According to the principle of action, the design of the bottle resembles a nipple. Such drinkers for rabbits with their own hands according to the photo and drawings are easy to make.
- costly acquisition of materials for the manufacture of one design;
- if you make nipple drinkers for rabbits with your own hands from a bottle for ten or more individuals, the cost and time to manufacture increase several times.
- the equipment provides the home decorative beast with clean drink at any time.
Several ways to make do-it-yourself drinkers
When you have decided on the type of drinking bowl that is most suitable for your pets, you may have a question. how to make a drinking bowl for rabbits yourself? Let us turn to the advice of experienced rabbit breeders.
If the cup method is right for you, then you don’t have to do anything with your own hands. It is enough to put a plastic or metal container in the cage, which will be suitable in size.
For one individual, it is better to choose a smaller bowl, and if several rabbits live in the cage, then a container will need a larger diameter.
It is better to fix plastic containers on the outside of the cage so that pets cannot gnaw it.
To make a vacuum drinking bowl with your own hands, you need to prepare a plastic bottle, a bowl with smooth edges and holders. Next, the bowl is fixed at a height of 10 cm from the floor (this is necessary so that the animals do not climb inside). Above the bowl fasten the bottle with its neck down.
The neck must not come into contact with the container, otherwise water will not leak.
The water tank must be secured outside the pets’ access area, otherwise they will gnaw it in a few days. To learn how to make do-it-yourself drinking bowls for rabbits.
In order to make automatic drinking bowls for a large number of rabbits, prepare a plastic tank with a volume of at least 10 liters, a plastic or rubber tube, several nipples. A tank of water is installed near the cells; a plastic pipe is brought to the cells from it. Holes are made in it, placing them opposite each cell. A narrow hose with a nipple is inserted into each hole.