Posted by: admin in Homestead 12/30/2017 0 217 Views
Oddly enough it sounds, but one of the very first problems faced by novice rabbit breeders is pet drinking. Water is an important and integral element of the life of animals. At the same time, they need clean water and its unlimited quantity. As practice shows, it is best to use nipple drinkers for rabbits. In addition, they do not have to be bought, because you can do it yourself.
Perhaps the most affordable and cheapest option for choosing a drinker for rabbits will be ordinary plastic or iron containers. But besides cheapness, this type has no other advantages. The water in them is constantly polluted, animals climb into containers with paws, get dirty and spill liquid throughout the cage. The best option would be to choose an automatic drinker. The most popular among rabbit farmers and ordinary breeders are precisely nipple designs.
Nipple drinkers, as the name implies, have the main mechanism. the nipple. This is a kind of small plug with a built-in ball, which, when pressed, rises and water is supplied. Often this design is also referred to as the nipple, as the animal presses the ball with his tongue or lips.
It is important to note that eared pets consume a lot of water. So, for example, one adult per day will require at least one liter of fluid. A nursing rabbit and that 2-3 liters. So a convenient and practical drinking bowl is a godsend for every owner.
Plus nipple drinkers have a lot. Firstly, it is always convenient for the breeder himself. he poured water into the tank and forgot about the need to drink animals. Secondly, the water always remains clean. In addition, it is also important that the liquid flow is minimal, since it does not evaporate anywhere and does not spill. This is especially beneficial on large livestock farms.
As for the minuses, we can only name a sufficient high cost of such a device. But here you can beat the situation a bit, if, for example, you make the nipple drinker for rabbits yourself. How? Everything is very simple, it is enough to have a convenient tank and a suitable nipple.
Before proceeding with the manufacture of an auto-drinking bowl for rabbits, you need to accurately determine its volume. That is, how many animals and how much water is needed per day. As a rule, about three nipples count on 20 goals. But if all your animals live in separate cages, then, of course, each pet needs its own individual drinker. Consider two options for homemade designs.
Since this option is very simple and affordable for DIY manufacture, we will need very few materials. This design is suitable for one or a pair of animals.
If you want to make a drinker for rabbits or a whole group of young animals, it is better to make it in the form of a hose. Thus, you will not have the need to add water to the tank all the time, and several individuals can get access to water at the same time.
- Rubber or plastic hose;
- Nipples of the desired diameter;
- Scissors, clerical knife;
- Water tank, e.g. bottle, canister;
- Wire for fastening.
- We get a hose and nipples.
- Having chosen the necessary water tank, we need to install it near the cells. It is best if it is above the level of the cells, so that the attached hose is directed down.
- In the rubber or plastic hose we make holes for the nipples. We cut out very precisely so that there are no gaps.
- We insert the nipples into the holes, we can warm up the rubber hose a little so that the edges of the trim melt. In plastic, you can use sealant.
- We fix the hose to the cage either from above or from the side and insert it into the water tank. That’s all ready. As you can see, making such a drinker yourself is not at all difficult.