Rabbits are cute and fluffy creatures, but at the same time they need careful care and constant care. Animal housing must meet all the requirements for their comfortable living. In wildlife, rabbits independently obtain their own food and water, running every day along beaten paths. Likewise, this should happen in the home. He must know exactly where he can get food and water. Therefore, it is so important that a drinker with fresh water and a feeder with food are present in the housing.
Types of drinking bowls for rabbits
They are the most different kinds on the device and design. Starting from simple dishes standing on the cage floor, and ending with automatic or nipple drinkers. Drinking bowls for rabbits are of the following types:
- Vacuum and drip
Let’s consider all these types in more detail. Why not choose the first and easiest option? The whole problem is that with a simple design, the animal will easily spill water. This will lead not only to the fact that the rabbit will not be able to drink spilled water, but also can lead to serious health consequences. From a lot of moisture In a rabbit’s cage, health problems may occur in the legs and other parts of the body. To avoid this, use more advanced designs.
On farms, rabbit breeders usually use automatic drinkers. The system looks like a water tank, from where water flows into the bowls through the tubes. As soon as the water level in the bowls drops, the float in the barrel lowers, giving access, this way to water to rabbits. The design is perfect on a large industrial scale. But at home or when breeding a small number of animals. not very, since the dimensions and cost of this automatic design are quite large.
That is why special winter drinking bowls for rabbits were invented. They are equipped with a special electronic mechanism that constantly heats the water, maintaining it in the right condition. It should be noted that the cost of such units high enough, in addition to them constantly need batteries. If rabbits are not decorative, but ordinary, then do not worry about drinking animals in the winter. An ordinary bowl of water is enough for them, because rabbits in the wild eat snow with pleasure, so this will not be a problem.
Such options are not suitable for making drinkers for rabbits with their own hands. We will focus on other types of drinking bowls. it drip and vacuum Homemade plastic drinking bowls for rabbits. Their design and step-by-step manufacturing, how to make a drinking bowl for rabbits, we will consider in more detail in the next section of this article.
How to create a drinker for rabbits at home
To make a vacuum drinking bowl for rabbits with our own hands, we need:
- Plastic bottle with a volume of one and a half liters.
- A small rectangular wooden plank.
- Screws 4 pieces
- Small piece of plastic
- Round plastic plate
Step-by-step instructions for do-it-yourself drinkers for rabbits from a bottle
- To fix the bottle, we need a strong wire rim. Using wire cutters, cut the wire of the desired length along the diameter of the bottle.
- Cut out a rectangular shape from plastic and drill into it two small symmetrical holes on the sides.
- Attach the bottle upside down to the wooden plank so that the plank is firmly attached to the top of the structure. This is best done with screws.
- Fix a piece of drilled plastic below, where there will be supposedly the other side of the bottle. Fasten the structure with a wire by piercing it through a plastic mold and the other side through a round plate.
- Pour water into a container. In the bottle cap, make a special hole by attaching a drinking plate from below so that the rabbit has free access to liquid.
To make a drip drinker for rabbits with your own hands you will need:
- Ball pen
- Plastic bottle with a volume of one and a half liters
As you can see, even less is needed for this drinker. And its production will take you just a few minutes.
Step-by-step simple instructions on how to make a do-it-yourself drinker for rabbits
- Pull the rod out of the ballpoint pen, and insert the screw of the correct size into the case so that it fits snugly.
- A hole must be made in the lid of the bottle so that the structure of the handle and the screw fits there.
- Install the structure and fix it with glue. Better that it be a glue gun.
- In the bottle itself, in the upper part on the side, cut an opening in order to fill the drinker with water.
- Screw the cap into the bottle and pour water.
- Attach the resulting device to the cage.
Thus, you can make not only a drinker, but also a feeder for your favorite little animals. A plastic bottle for rabbits is a great option. Such a design will be especially convenient if you do not have the opportunity to change animal food and water several times a day. This design will allow the animal to constantly have access to food and water. At the same time, water will not spill, and the food will not spill. Thus, the rabbit will exist in udon and clean housing, which will undoubtedly positively affect his health.